The 2019 Coastcare Victoria Community Grants Program supports community efforts to protect Victoria’s 2000 kilometres of coastline.
Community groups are encouraged to apply for funding that will assist in the restoration, rehabilitation and conservation of coastal and marine environments across the state.
Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning Coastcare Coordinator, Phil Wierzbowski said: “Community groups along the coast can apply for funding that will improve the coastal environment either through on-ground work or community engagement and education.
“Up to $270,000 will be available to community groups to help protect and preserve our coastline,” Mr Wierzbowski said.
“One-year projects will be able to apply for up to $10,000 funding while two-year projects will be eligible for up to $15,000 funding.
“The Victorian Government Coastcare Community Grants Program supports small scale community projects in coastal areas, building both increased environmental and community resilience in a changing environment.”
Coastcare is seeking applications for projects that:
- Conserve, rehabilitate and restore Victoria’s coastal and marine ecosystems
- Support community participation and engagement to enhance community knowledge and understanding of coastal and marine management
- Establish or contribute to long term community-based citizen science programs
- Protect critical habitat for coastal and marine species
- Directly involve Aboriginal organisations or groups in protecting, rehabilitating and enhancing cultural heritage coastal sites
- Reduce or control marine plastic pollution
- Foster new partnerships between community groups and organisations working to protect the coast and
- Provide benefit for public land.
“The grant program allows volunteer groups to maintain the coast through a range of activities such as reducing plastic pollution, increasing education and awareness sessions, and enhancing cultural heritage sites,” Mr Wierzbowski said.
“In 2018 the grants program funded a diverse range of community developed and led utilising an impressive range of skill sets, innovative practices, strategic partnerships and volunteer contributions to deliver benefits for the environment and the community.”
Applications for the 2019 Coastcare Victoria Community Grants Program close on Wednesday 20 February 2019.
For more information on the 2019 Coastcare Victoria Community Grants Program, including funding guidelines, visit http://www.delwp.vic.gov.au/coastcare or contact your Regional Coastcare Facilitator.
Volunteer for nature this International Volunteer Day
You’ll be helping to protect Victoria’s magnificent environment, plants and wildlife.
Coastcare grant applications open for 2019 program
The 2019 Coastcare Victoria Community Grants Program supports community efforts to protect Victoria’s 2000 kilometres of coastline. Community groups are encouraged to apply for funding that will assist in the restoration, rehabilitation and